Background of the project
Project Location - Golanjor Rural municipality-6, Basheshwar
Implementing organization - Collective Concern Society Nepal (CC Sindhuli, Nepal)
Project Period - 2016-2019
Funding Source - Caritas Nepal
Objectives and activities conducted
Livelihood Objective: To increase the livelihood security of the earthquake affected HHs.
The livelihood sector programme is enabling earthquake affected 702 HHs to re-establish and improve their livelihoods in ,Golanjor Rural municipality-6, Basheshwar of Sindhuli district.
Earthquake affected HHs have restored and expanded their livelihood activities
a. Agriculture follow-up trainings
b. Distribution of basic agriculture tool sets
c. Kitchen garden follows up meeting
d. Farmer Field Schools
e. Livestock follow up meeting/ training and subsequent grant distribution
f. Non-Farming training follow-up
Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
Objective: Increase the resilience of earthquake affected communities towards disaster risks.
Communities have increased knowledge, skills and capacity to manage Disaster risks.
• A total of 235 earthquake affected families got the training services for improving farm, making minerals feed, became familiar about the different diseases and nutrias grass for their proper growth.
• 280 earth affected families got the training of kitchen gardening and organized in 9 groups. They are utilizing wastage water and producing oganic vegetable for their daily consumption.
• 180 earth affected families got the agriculture training for the improvement of the production. They got the improved seeds, tools and it contributed the increment in the production.
• They got the knowledge for making bio-pesticides through IPM method where the use of chemical pesticides is decreased.
• The community got the knowledge of harvesting and post harvesting for its proper storage. • The practice of common facility center for making nursery is established. And the community has started the group farming with the concept of no pesticides.
• Established a collection center for marketing the vegetable products.
• The supported women group is producing and marketing pickle locally now as a source of income for their family.
Mr.Pursaram Hayu from Baseshowr-6 Nakajoli, Sindhuli is one of the beneficiaries of the livestock group under the NERP in partnership with Collective concern society (CCS) Sindhuli.Pursaram Hayu comes from a family with very less income and a large family size. His family has very minimal living conditions. His family consists of 17 members (9 females and 8 males) 6 sons, 1 daughter, 5 daughter-in-law, 1 grandson, 2 granddaughters, a mother and himself. It was very hard for Pursaram to manage the income for his family. Some of his sons work in Kathmndu as labourers while rests are with him in the village helping him with farming. CCS Nepal had distributed a pair of goat to the beneficiaries of the livestock group so that the beneficiaries could keep the goat and increase the number of goats in their shed. Mr.Pursaram Hayu was one of the beneficiaries to receive the pair of goats. He became an example in all of the Baseshowr. by increasing the number of goats from two to thirteen. He sold all the previous goats he had in his shed and just kept the two goats given by CCS and took proper care of them. Now, the number reached thirteen from two. When asked once he told that he now has goats worth rupees one lakh and thirty thousand. He is now planning to make proper big sheds and take goat farming in larger scale and he believes he can do it. His income level has been improved because of the supported by CCS Nepal and his hard work. He is now able to get more income and seems much happier.